Friday, March 9, 2012

Counseling as Families and The History of Work.

We talked about counseling as families this week and it was really interesting. We read talks from Elder Ballard about counseling as church members and interrelated that to families. First off, it was really neat to hear how the quorum of the twelve counsels together. An interesting tid bit, when these wonderful fifteen men meet they always have either pie or hand made chocolates before they begin their meetings. It is symbolic of the last supper and how Jesus fed the 12. I learned that it is very important to express your love to your spouse and other family members often and not just every once in a while, every one needs to know that they are loved and cared for. 
Along with counseling, we discussed the history of work and the roles of the spouses. It is common knowledge that men are the breadwinners and women stay at home with the children and tend to their needs. Personally, I love this lifestyle and hope I am lucky enough to attain it someday. Many people are against it and want women to be equal with men so they join the workforce. I think that is silly. Men and women are equal and they each have their respective duties. Women who choose to work instead of take care of their children tend to lose important ground with their children. They send their children to day care and don't spend the appropriate time needed as mother and child. I think it is so sad that so many mothers will let complete strangers take care of and practically raise their children because the mom wants to feel like she is contributing to the family by working. I will not allow that to happen in my life if I am able to stay home with my children as my husband works, that's just the way it is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment