Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sex Education

This week we talked about sex education. When is it appropriate to talk about sex to your children? Some say as young as 7 or 8 and others will say 14 or 15 years old. Personally, I never really had the sit down sex talk, I learned pretty much everything at the end of middle school and all throughout high school. It is difficult to ask myself this question because by the time I have children sex will be so prominent I will have to teach them at a young age. We also talked about sex being taught in the public schools. I was not taught about sex until I was in middle school and today this subject is being brought up in elementary schools. I read and article for this class that talked about students had an assignment where they had to go get prices of condoms and see which one was the best. To me it sounds like this school is not preventing sex but encouraging it as long as it's safe. Being a member of the church we know the best way to prevent sex is simple, don't have it! I want the school that my children go to to teach that sex is sacred and should be kept for marriage instead of teaching them the safe ways of having sex. I plan to encourage my children to be as open as they want with my husband and I as far as sex goes. I want them to have correct answers about this subject rather than learning it from their friends as school who know nothing on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment